This rough note concerns two problems:
- keeping a coherent view of documents across machines
- cost effective storage for people with many or large files.
Mix and match
At the moment I have...
- Google services for email and documents I create.
- Amazon cloud for MP3s. [Play may be better.]
- Local hard drive for MP4s. Expanding Google Drive would probably be wise, even at $5/month.
- Local hard drive for photos; I don't take a lot, but I really should move them all from cameras to one place and since most of my photos are from a phone with 4-5 mp, Google Drive is probably fine. But, I need to consolidate. Until I do obsessing about the technology used for storage is a waste of time.
- GitHub for code