Saturday, August 19, 2006

Pandora Internet Radio - Find New Music, Listen to Free Web Radio

"Can you help me discover more music that I'll like?

"Those questions often evolved into great conversations. Each friend told us their favorite artists and songs, explored the music we suggested, gave us feedback, and we in turn made new suggestions. Everybody started joking that we were now their personal DJs." -- Pandora

I quickly created a 'station' based upon Bonnie Raitt, Joan Baez, Loryetta Lynn, Carla Thomas and covers of Give It Up Or Let Me Go by Raitt, the Dixie Chicks, and Karrin Allyson & got a great station -- material from the Etta James, the Pretenders and Muddy Waters showed up & it was on the mark.
Of course, there were many misses, but its still pretty cool.

Plus: I made a few small discoveries: Liz Phair & I'd forgotten how much I liked the Pretenders (Brass In Pocket).

But I quickly lost control and created a Link Wray station with X-Ray Spex (Warrier in Woolworths I had not heard in 10 years!), Joan Jett and some Clash & Sex Pistols. What a great station -- P J Harvey came to visit!